We can help you to maximize the benefits of the Project Management Toolkit through on-site and on-line services regardless of your location. Our services include:
1. Introduction to Project Management Tools
A two hour introductory training session where you learn the underlying principles and methodology that is used in the Project
Management Toolkit, the templates that it includes and how they are best used during a project’s life-cycle.
2. Applying Project Management Tools in your business
We can customize the template package to fit the project management approach, terminology and visual image used in your company in
only a few weeks.
We can also complement the package with additional documents, create a full project management methodology and take the
responsibility for maintaining the documents/methodology.
3. Training project managers to use Project Management Tools
This training is targeted for program and project managers. It explains how the templates and their underlying methodology are applied in
each phase of the project. It also focuses on the project managers’ role in ensuring business benefit realization. The training covers the best
practices and tacit knowledge needed in a successful project not included in formal project management methodologies.
This training includes one day for the theory and another day for the project management case exercise.
4. Steering group training
This training is targeted for the steering group members. It answers the following questions:
- What is the steering group’s role within a project?
- What are the expectations for the steering group members?
- How can the steering group ensure business benefits realization?
- How can the steering group support the project team in achieving the project objectives?
- How does the steering group interact with the portfolio management?
The duration of this training is four hours.
We can also define and deploy steering group practices throughout your project portfolio. This work typically takes 1-3 months depending
on the size, readiness and commitment of your organization.
5. Change management training using Project Management Tools
When done properly, change management is an essential task to ensure the buy-in for the change provided by the project. Only when the
change is fully adopted, will it bring the targeted business benefits. This training is targeted for persons responsible for change management activities, e.g. business owners, steering group members, program/project managers, line managers and change management managers.
The training covers:
- An overview of change management activities during a project
- Change management’s importance in skills development and achievement of behavioral changes
- Change management’s role in business benefits realization
- Change management tasks, deliverables and tools to be used in each phase of the project
This training includes one day for the theory and another day for the project case exercise.
6. Business benefits realization training
Business cases are often created and then forgotten. This problem can be avoided by focusing on business benefits realization during and
after the project.
This training is targeted for the key stakeholders, e.g. business owners, steering group members, controllers and program & project
managers. It provides guidelines for:
- Defining a project’s objectives and creating a business case
- Ensuring that the project creates the change needed to achieve the business case and
- Setting up responsibilities for business case realization follow-up
This training takes one to two days depending on the desired depth of the training. As an additional service, we can help your business to set up and run business case management services on an on-going basis.
In addition to all of these services, we would be happy to jointly design a customized service specifically tailored to the needs of your business. If you are interested in any of our services, please contact us at email@example.com and request a proposal.